Templates and family library missing in Revit or Revit LT
Download link for Revit Templates and family library for the following version of Autodesk is available: Autodesk Revit 2014, Content Autodesk Revit 2015, Content Autodesk Revit 2016, Content Autodesk Revit 2017, Content Autodesk Revit 2018, Content Autodesk Revit 2018.1, Content Autodesk Revit 2019, Content Autodesk Revit 2020, Content Autodesk Revit 2021, Content Autodesk Revit 2022, Content Autodesk Revit 2023, Content Autodesk Revit 2024 Content
Autodesk Revit is a powerful software used by architects, engineers, and designers for creating detailed building information models (BIM). However, users sometimes encounter an issue where family templates or files are missing after installing, updating, or reinstalling Revit or Revit LT. This blog post will guide you on how to resolve this problem and download the missing family templates for free.
Before Installation: To ensure that the family content is included during the installation process, you need to set up deployment or custom standalone installation and specify the desired content. By customizing the installer, you can select the necessary components to be installed, including the family templates.
Follow these steps to download and install Revit Templates and family library with the customized installer:
- Visit the Autodesk website and navigate to the Revit download page.
- Look for the options related to deployment or custom installation and select it.
- Specify the content you want to include, ensuring that the family templates are selected.
- Proceed with the download and installation process as prompted by the installer.
Where to Extract: Once you have successfully installed Revit with the family templates, you need to know where the extracted content is located. Follow these steps to find the default content locations:
- Open File Explorer on your computer.
- Navigate to the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT <Version> directory. (Note: The “ProgramData” folder may be hidden by default. If you can’t find it, follow the next step to unhide it.)
- If the ProgramData folder is hidden, you can unhide it by following these steps:
- In File Explorer, click on the “View” tab at the top.
- Check the “Hidden items” box in the “Show/hide” section.
- The ProgramData folder should now be visible.
In case the extraction fails or you encounter any issues, try running the extraction process in Administrator mode. Here’s how:
- Locate the downloaded content file on your computer.
- Right-click on the file and select “Run as Administrator” from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to extract the content to the default location.
Downloading Missing Family Templates
If you find that the family templates are still missing or not loading into your project, it may be necessary to download them separately. Follow these steps to download the missing family templates for free:
- Visit the Autodesk website and go to the Revit content page.
- Scroll down to find the section containing both Revit and Revit LT content.
- Locate the specific family templates you need and click on the download link.
- Save the downloaded files to a convenient location on your computer.
Once the family templates are downloaded, you can load them into your Revit project by using the “Load Family” command within the software. Ensure that you specify the correct location where the templates were saved during the download process.
Encountering missing family templates in Autodesk Revit can be frustrating, but with the right steps, you can resolve this issue and download the missing templates for free. By customizing the installation process and downloading the necessary content, you can ensure that you have access to a wide range of family templates for your Revit projects. Remember to follow the instructions provided in this blog post to successfully download and load the missing family templates in Autodesk Revit.
Download Link for Revit Templates and family library
- Autodesk Revit 2014 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2015 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2016 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2017 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2018 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2018.1 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2019 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2020Content
- Autodesk Revit 2021 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2022 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2023 Content
- Autodesk Revit 2024 Content
or directly download from Autodesk website for Latest version: Autodesk