Where is stairs?
• A Stair is a sequence of steps through which individuals and items may travel from one stage to the next.
• A staircase shall be built to span large vertical distances by splitting them into smaller vertical distances, called steps.
Location of Stair:-
• It should be located in such a way as to ensure easy access for building occupants.
• It should be located in such a way that it is well lit and ventilated directly from outside.
• It should be so positioned as to have comfortable and spacious approaches.
• The public building should be located near the main entrance and should be centrally located in the residential building.
Technical Terms of Stairs:-
The technical terminology used in relation to the stairs are described as follows:
Baluster:- This is a vertical component of the hand rail backed by wood or metal.
Handrail:- The inclined rail is known as a handrail over the string.
Newel post:- This is the vertical component for attaching hand rail to the ends of flights.
Soffit:- The underside of a staircase.
Waist:- In case of a R.C.C. stair, the thickness of the structural slab is known as waist.
Nosing:- It is the portion of the tread projected beyond the riser ‘s nose.Giving good architectural effect is rounded down.
Scotia:- Under the nosing is a moulding provided to increase step elevation.
Step:- This is a portion of a staircase that allows for ascent and descent. It consists of tread and riser.
Tread:- This is the upper horizontal component of a step after step.What feet are positioned while going up or down.
Rise:- This is the vertical distance between two faces of successive treads.
Going:- This is the horizontal angle between the faces of two consecutive risers.
Flight:- A series of steps in their direction, without any platform, break, or land.
Landing:- It is the level platform in between the floors at the top or bottom of a flight.
Run:- In a horizontal plane, this is the complete number of stairs including landings.
THANKS FOR BEING WITH US.😊
Join Here For More Update