Skip to content
Functions of different ingredient of bricks clay
- It gives plasticity to the earth
- Excess alumina shrinks the brick on drying.
- The brick will warb during burning.
- It makes the brick too hard on burning.
- It prevents cracking and shrinking.
- It prevents the warping of raw brick.
- It helps making uniform shape of bricks.
- It helps the brick brittle if in excess.
- The durability of brick depends on the proper proportioning of silica.
- Excess silica destroys the cohesion between particles.
- Lime prevents shrinkage of warb bricks.
- It helps to fuse the brick.
- Excess of lime causes the bricks to melt and hence the shape is lost.
- It results in splitting of bricks if in excess.
- The color of bricks depends on the proper proportioning of oxide of iron.
- It helps to fuse sand.
- Excess oxide of iron makes the brick dark blue or blackish.
- The color of bricks will be yellow if oxide of iron is less.
- It prevents shrinkage.
- Excess magnesia leads the bricks to decay.
- It disintegrates the ingredients of brick earth.
- It makes the bricks weak.
Ads Blocker Detected!!!
We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.
error: Content is protected !!