An engineer has to prepare before starting Tiles work on Construction site
Below are the steps Precaution:
Precaution For Wall Tiles
- the first thing to do is soak the tiles in water for 12 hours because they absorb water like bricks.
- Soak the wall as required so that it should not absorb the mortar water of the wall tiles.
- Break down the extra bricks on the wall and roughly calculate where the full tiles will fall and where the short pieces will fall.
- Always place the short piece behind the door so that the cover falls off when the door is opened.
- Sanitary Line Check with water if there is leakage or if there is no pressure, otherwise the tiles will be broken later.
- Mortar should be made in 1: 4 ratio, especially 1: 3. After that, level the walls and start placing tiles.
- Make sure that all the tiles are equal and 1 thread is left between the 2 tiles
- The Mortar under the tiles have to fill perfectly without pore, otherwise it will make a sound when it dries and the part will break with a slight blow.
- Tiles must be cleaned with US cloth on time, otherwise they will not remove or tiles will be discolored or damaged due to excessive rubbing.
- When cutting short pieces, you have to cut the tiles with a carter very carefully otherwise the nickel of the tiles will go up.
- The thickness of the Plaster can range from 1/2 “to 1” especially in the field, depending on the level of the wall.
- After that have to start Curing after 12 hours of tiling ( tiles work).
- After 5/6 days, wash and dry the tiles and do fill in the empty spaces. If you do this before the gas inside the mortar, will comes out and the tiles will burst.
- Wall tiles work all the time from top to bottom are actually technically advantageous.
- When selecting tiles, you must select the same size tiles and buy the same type of tiles at once.
Precaution For Floor Tiles
- First chipping the floor and then wash for cleaning.
- Than have to do grouting with thin cement if the floor is old.
- If there are homogeneous tiles, there is no need to wet the tiles
- Dry Mortar have to be made in 1: 3 ratio because many things are loaded on the floor and used more.
- If the sanitary line goes down as usual, check the leakage and pressure and then get the level.
- The bottom of the door should be 1/2 “clear, then spread the dry spices on the floor, lay the tiles on it, level it as needed, raise, lower, move whatever you need, then remove the tiles if the level is OK, remove the tiles and than with cement water mixed grouting dry spices Pour it over and make it wet. Occasionally cut the spice with a cornice and make it rough. After that you have to lay the tiles, lightly hit it with a rubber hammer as required and finalize the level just like before.
- Use all the tiles in a line so that the short pieces do not look bad.
- If there is a bathroom, you have to give a slope. (1″ down for 5′)
- In bathroom or kitchen, special care should be taken to place tiles in the place of commode, waste water pipe, fittings, and house, burner slab and cut the two tiles in the corner tile joint and the sides should be cut in V shape.
Thank you for stay with us.
for more update please follow us.
what should do before tiles works
must remember before tiles work
types of tiles and their sizes
types of tiles used in construction
different types of tiles with pictures
types of tiles pdf
difference between different types of tiles
types of ceramic tiles
types of tiles ppt
types of tiles for bathroom